thanks so much for confirming the details about your party!
We're really looking forward to packing thousands of delicious, healthy, easy-to-prepare meals with you! We're bringing a great playlist and ... yes ... a gong! So be sure to bring your best dance moves!
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
- INVITE: Be sure to invite the nonprofits from your community who will receive the meals packed at your party. if you need help identifying a local nonprofit to receive the meals, let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- PROMOTE: If you’re creating any information to generate excitement about the party, feel free to use any of our logos on the website.
- PREPARE: Prepare for the right number of tables for the party. You can figure one 6 foot table for every 5 people (or one 8 foot table for every 6 people). Also, we estimate that you'll need 15 square feet (minimum) to 20 square feet (ideal) per person when determining the size of the room for the party.
two days before the party:
- MEAL PICKUP: Make sure your selected nonprofit/s will be at the party to receive the meals, or make other arrangements with them to pick up the meals from you at a later date.
For planning purposes: Each bag has 8 meals. Each case has 36 bags, weighs 33 pounds, and measures 14x12x10. We typically put 44 cases on a pallet (12,672 meals).
- VOLUNTEERS: Confirm that your team of 5-10 volunteers will be available for unloading and clean up on the day of the party. As we will be unloading a box truck with several 50 pound bags and boxes, please make sure those helping are physically capable of this kind of work.
- TABLES: Be sure that the appropriate number of tables will be available for the party.
ON THE DAY OF THE PARTY:
- ARRIVAL: We will arrive 1-2 hours in advance of the party to unload and set up. Have your team of volunteers ready!
- AIR CONDITIONING: If the space we're using for the party is small and/or has low ceilings, please turn the A/C down to help keep everyone cool!
- PACKING TIME: The time it takes to pack the meals depends on your meal goal, the number of people, and the number of shifts. A single shift typically lasts from 60 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, and the average person will pack 200-250 meals per hour!
- CLEAN UP: After you've reached your goal and the dancing has stopped, we'll need 5-10 people to help us clean up and load the truck. This should take 30-60 minutes.
AFTER THE PARTY:
Once the dancing has stopped, the hairnets have come off, and you've had time to bask in the party's celebratory afterglow, we'll follow up with you to discuss the party in retrospect. We're always looking for ways to improve the Funnel Experience, so we'll ask for your comments and ideas that will help us do this.
Also, we'll ask you to consider a written and/or video testimonial that we can share with others, so be thinking ahead about that! Finally, we'll ask you to think about 2 or 3 other people with whom you could share your experience and with whom we could follow up. This is the best and most effective way to engage more people in helping our neighbors in need!
Of course, If you have any questions about your party, simply email or call us.
See you around the Funnel!